How to get to Bocas del Toro
1. Flight from Panama City
Fly into Tocumen International Airport (PTY) in Panama City, transfer to Albrook Airport (Marcos A. Gelabert Airport (PAC)) and fly to Isla Colón International Airport (BOC) in Bocas del Toro.
- PTY – PAC is about a 35 minute taxi ride without traffic and 1 – 2 hours with traffic
- Air Panama has a 14 kg – 30 lb baggage allowance
- Online reservations: Air Panama
2. Bus from Panama City to Almirante, then Water Taxi
Save money by taking the overnight bus that takes approximately 11 hours. Be prepared for strong air-conditioning. Water taxis from Almirante run every 30 minutes from 6:00am to 6:00pm.
3. Bus or Private Shuttle from Costa Rica
Our clients and staff have used Caribe Shuttle (there are other private shuttles). Their price includes lunch, help with crossing the border and boat transportation to Bocas del Toro.
Save money by taking a bus from different locations in Costa Rica to Almirante, Panama. In order to enter Panama, you are required to show a flight reservation showing your departure.